Sunday, March 25, 2012

Get Some by Lykke Li


The video for "Get Some," your new album's first single, has sparked some conversations regarding female artists using sex to sell their music, because it's sort of sexier than anything we've seen from you previously. What do you have to say about that?

People are stupid. Like, is that all they know? I think people need to read some books and watch some more films. I'm happy to take this fight, because I think its so fucking shallow. What's sexy about it? That I'm showing legs? I mean, Iggy Pop never has a shirt on. It's not about sex-it's something primal. It's about power and being free. If society is oversexualized, then that's their problem, I have nothing to do with that. I don't want people to limit me. If I feel like taking my fucking pants off, I'm gonna do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment